I. Overview of Software
JMAG is simulation software for electric device design and development. It accurately models the complex electromagnetic phenomena in a wide range of equipment.
Since being released in 1983, JMAG has been used in industries and universities world-wide and has contributed to the development of thousands of products. Continuous communication with our users has made JMAG a world class analysis tool.
It is our wish that JMAG continues to grow and develop with its users.
JMAG is developed by JSOL Corp. in Japan.
II. Overview Software functions
This is the high-speed, high-precision FEA software tool at the core of JMAG.
An intuitive interface and precise modeling technology with a wide variety of results displays are built in.
Multifaceted evaluation of various design ideas is made possible by freely manipulating geometry, material properties, and drive conditions.
- Solver speed is directly related to model accuracy and reliability. Finite element analysis comes down to solving very large matrices. JSOL has developed advanced techniques to solve thesematrices faster and produce more consistent results. JMAG users have some of the most advanced solver algorithms at their fingertips, and can be certain that JSOL will continue to adopt the latest calculation architecture within JMAG. Wheel Of Fortune SlotsSee more
- Mesher It goes without saying that a high quality mesh is critical for a high precision analysis. JMAG gives users several options to create mesh: from automatic to manual mesh, users can choose the method that works best for them. The mesher within JMAG is both advanced and easy to use, which means that JMAG can generate optimal mesh for every type of analysis. We strive to develop automatic mesh generation technology by leveraging more than 30 years of FEA expertise and utilizing JMAG’s unique geometry recognition technology. See more
- Material JSOL has developed par tnerships with material manufacturers to obtain the best possible data for JMAG’ s material database. Along with including stress dep e ndent magne tic prop er ties and iron l oss properties of electromagnetic steel sheets, we also continue work with our partners to provide data needed in advanced analyses. See more
- Modeling JMAG leads the field in material modeling technology. Fast, detailed modeling methods are developed based on our understanding of characteristics for magnetic steel sheets, magnets, and powdered metals. Many companies use JMAG to help develop new materials, which ensures JMAG is always capable of capturing precise material responses. See more
- Optimization and Parametric/Automation JMAG provides a variety of features to powerfully support optimized design. Large numbers of design proposals can be evaluated efficiently using JMAG’s parametric analysis and optimization functions. In addition, results analysis and sensitivity analysis functions offer points where design can be improved. See more
- Model Based Development JMAG-RT enables model based development with high concurrency, allowing plant design and control design to be performed concurrently. JMAG-RT is a system which generates high-fidelity plant models (JMAG-RT models) in a system level simulation from FEA models. From system design, to ECU verification using HILS, JMAG-RT has a wide range of uses. See more
- User interface
- Customization A flexible framework is provided allowing the user to customize JMAG to his needs. Being able to use scripts and user subroutines, analysis and results analysis with the use of the user’s own algorithms can be performed. In addition, a geometry library and templates facilitate in creating desired geometries. See more
- Guideline Easy-to-use for the beginner, useful for the expert, this is the user interface JMAG is aiming for. See more
JMAG-Express is a motor design tool.
Instantly calculates the motor performance as a calculator and provides design sheets to meet its requirements.
It enables to review all design changes accumulated in JMAG-Express at any time just as though you were referring to design memos.